Sunday, September 19, 2010

MAPS!

I know what you've been thinking: "where are all the sexy maps you've been talkin' about?" well ladies, and gentlemen, here's a nice one and personally my favorite. It hangs in my kitchen and was given to me by my sister who has no idea how amazing this map is, but it's the thought that counts. It'll look a bit strange at first but then chew on it for a bit, let in linger and then BAM! it's got you thinking, and that's all one can ask for.
 
Africa is 11.6 million square miles... Greenland is 0.8 million square miles... just sayin size matters.


This is the usual map children are shown in school. What is this the purpose of this projection anymore? This map is EXCELLENT for navigation but these days explorers aren't picking up these things and sailing around the world with only the knowledge of longitude & latitude on their side. Everything looks nice, as if it can fit together like a puzzle but I dunno... plus isn't Greenland shrinking due to hot water or something? Maybe it's time to update the school curriculum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment