Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm totally screwed

 Well this is just fabulous. Check out this terrifying info. http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2010/Sep-13.html
Hmm... how shall I feel about this? Have I fed into this money-hungry cycle? I'm not a criminal, I'm a genius and this just isn't fair.  Let's punish those who are doing good, and financially support those who fucking suck? (pardon my french but really this ain't good). Now just imagine you went to a for-profit college, luckily I did not or I'd probably just jump in front of the next G train. But regardless, this is a problem, everyone should have the chance to achieve higher education, and not just in the state where they attended high school.  Young adults should be able to use their education as a means of exploration.  Although there are plenty of bads that come with globalization, traveling, gaining knowledge and meeting amazing people are not among those bads, they are some of the best things about our current world and if you're able to get an education, a lifestyle change OR even better, a paradigm shift, while exploring I say GO FOR IT! Education is never a bad thing, thinking is not dangerous, unless you just had your heart broken. So what do we do? Go protest by locking yourself to a tree and participate in a hunger strike. I have no idea what this has to do with education reform but hey I don't have time to think about this, I have to go make money for grad school.

No comments:

Post a Comment